It’s that time of year again, sheep and wool festivals galore! Maryland sheep and wool and New Hampshire Sheep and wool have come and gone already. This weekend on Long Island, we will be hosting the Long Island Sheep and Wool festival in Riverhead, NY at the Hallockville Museum.
So what is a crocheter suppose to do? Shop till you drop of course!
The crocheter will be exposed to so many great new ideas, yarns and projects it is pure sensory overload.
So here are my tips:
1) Try to have a project in mind that you are shopping for.
– I sometimes even bring patterns to match the yarn
2) Bring a good camera to take pictures of inspiring items
3) Try to bring cash as many vendors are unable to process credit cards
4) Wear clothing appropriate to the weather
5) Don really comfy shoes to make all that walking more pleasurable!
6) Bring a yarn estimator with you so that when you find a yarn you fall in love with you can buy how much you think for a project.
– A crochet project takes approximately 30 percent more yarn on projects when compared to knitting!
– Yarn market has a great app for the IPhone!
7) Check the Websites and appropriate social media sites for your favorite vendors as they may be running show specials!
– Green Mountain Spinnery had various trivia contests at Maryland Sheep and wool! Great idea guys!
8) Always good to have a portable project with you that you can conveniently hook while you wait!
9) Bring some great snacks as shopping always makes me hungry and who really wants to stop for food when you can be hunting out the greatest yarn!
10) Water and hand sanitizer need I say more!
Enjoy and I would love to hear about your experiences! Comment and be entered for this weeks blog giveaway!